You can get similar glitches with width with some tilesets as you switch
between unit stacks of <=3 and >3 units, as the "more units" arrow comes and
goes, causing the left column to get wider (I've been noticing this with
amplio2hexbig). When it gets narrower you see a similar glitch to file
#19894.

We should fix the redraw glitches when this happens (I haven't thought if this
patch is the best way to do it), but we should also reduce it happening in the
first place -- having the map jump around is very annoying. That should
probably be a separate ticket (if it's not already).