Is this the same issue as patch #2863, which is languishing?

(Excuse: I'm not daring to touch gold_upkeep_style, as I think I must be
missing something fundamental about its purpose. As far as I can tell, it only
makes any difference when the money actually runs out, and such behaviour
could be implemented much more simply than the current complex accounting of
expenses to cities or central treasury. So, I can't rule out that the
intention was to have different AI/CMA behaviour. More of my reasoning in bug
#18767 comment 12. As a ruleset author, perhaps you can shed some light for me
on why you choose one gold_upkeep_style over another?)