The patch looks good, so I'm fine with you committing it directly.

In my humble opinion, I don't think we need to review and wait 36 hours to
commit trivial re-implementations of already exisiting functionality from the
other Freeciv clients. The same with updating Freeciv-web to the latest
freeciv server revisions from svn. I hope cazfi is fine with this also? As
long as we use common sense and good judgement, then I think this will work
quite nicely. Thorough review of patches can be very useful when making more
complex changes, though. So I agree that the Freeciv code review process
definitively has it's place. But it will be a trade-off between development
speed and code quality in Freeciv-web.