                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
         Planned Release:

As long as I have had sound enabled crosser builds, I've got reports that
client occasionally does not accept input for a couple of seconds. This only
happens when sound plugin sdl is selected, changing client options to use
"None" plugin prevents it.

Now I found this comment in audio_sdl.c:

/* Sounds don't sound good on Windows unless the buffer size is 4k,
 * but this seems to cause strange behaviour on other systems,
 * such as a delay before playing the sound. */
#ifdef WIN32_NATIVE
const size_t buf_size = 4096;
#else
const size_t buf_size = 1024;
#endif

 Maybe the "strange behavior ... delay before playing the sound." applies to
Windows too (at least crosser based builds). At worst this is choice between
two bugs, at best crosser based builds could use 1k buffer size like most
systems.