OP here. Savegame attached (by the looks of file timestamp should be an
autosave just before I managed to crash it).

Some answers:
- I used keyboard "G" + mouse click to move (usually just one tile at a time)
- No waypoints usef
- Not sure, AFAIK no I did find a enemy unit that I tried/considered, not
sure, to attack but did not have enough movement. After which FreeCiv
automatically moved on to another unit but I recall seeing a path to the
Caravel on map for the that newly selected unit. Just then it crashed on me.

Looks that I have also a crash dump of this at /AppData/Local/CrashDumps, let
me know if you want that as well.

(file #20294)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: freeciv-T0368-Y01943-auto.sav.bz2 Size:60 KB