Update of bug #21470 (project freeciv):

Fix non-nested requirement ranges

Follow-up Comment #4:

OK, will fix on S2_4 too without further ceremony.

I've fixed all requirement types in a single patch, but I could split it out
if need be.

In passing I've also fixed possible trouble on S2_5/trunk with City-ranged
TerrainClass/TerrainFlag requirements if there was unknown terrain within the
city radius (i.e. probably on the client).

A survey of rulesets that might be affected shows no negative effects and only
minor existing bugs fixed, with none in shipped rulesets on the stable 2.4
branch. (Disclaimer: none of this is tested, it's just from me reading
rulesets.)
* Alien: "Filter" building not allowed in an ocean city in a 1-tile lake
* Trouble with 1-tile rivers.
** This has various mitigations:
*** Map generator unlikely to generate these
*** On S2_4, rivers are VUT_SPECIAL which got this right (so any bugs here are
regressions in 2.5)
*** Irrig_Possible effects often exist for ocean too, and the map generator
will place a river next to an ocean, masking this
** This could affect the following:
*** Ability to build Hydro Plant / Hoover Dam in a city on such a tile
*** Ability to irrigate such a tile
*** (civ2civ3) can't build "Aqueduct, River"
*** (civ1, trunk) city on such a tile is immune to flood
*** (alien: all possible bugs with Water Flow masked by effects from
prerequisite techs)

(file #20530, file #20531, file #20532)

File name: trunk-fix-adjacent-req-ranges.patch Size:19 KB
File name: S2_5-fix-adjacent-req-ranges.patch Size:16 KB
File name: S2_4-fix-adjacent-req-ranges.patch Size:9 KB