> - Ruleset sanity check should make sure there is at least 1 not
> is_playable nation of each barbarian type

Actually, this should already be the case. Or rather, ruleset loading should
prevent any barbarian nation from being is_playable:

      if (pnation->barb_type != NOT_A_BARBARIAN
          && pnation->is_playable) {
        /* We can't allow players to use barbarian nations, barbarians
         * may run out of nations */
        ruleset_error(LOG_ERROR,
                      "Nation %s marked both barbarian and playable.",
                      nation_rule_name(pnation));
        ok = FALSE;
        break;
      }