                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

Currently we have the situation that you can move transported units between
ships on adjacent tiles (using the UNIT_MOVE packet), but not between ships on
the same tile (with the UNIT_LOAD packet).

I think this can be fixed without network protocol changes -- change
could_unit_load(). Possibly we'd want to unify some of the move and load
logic, since unit_move() is currently in effect doubling up as a load/transfer
packet. (It's probably worth thinking about patch #4804 while doing this.)

This lets transfers be done atomically; without it, you'd have to allow
unloaded units in non-native terrain.

This will need some UI. I think this will be the same as needed for bug #13943
(selective load).

For narrative reasons it would obviously be ideal if ruleset authors could
specify when transfers in non-native terrain were allowed (moving tanks
between transports in open sea is implausible). But that's fiddly to specify
and I'd like to keep that the subject of another ticket; for now it should at
least respect embarks/disembarks.