submarines, the guard logic for selecting simple_ai_types would no longer
block submarines.

While the attached patch might look like a nativity-based descendant of patch
#4832 (and indeed the code comes from that patch), my research into the
semantics of this test indicate that it is specifically intended to exclude
submarines (see the change to is_ai_simple_military() in r996), for reasons I
don't entirely understand, but which I think the fix to bug #21022 was not
intended to revert.

If anyone understands why or how the AI code can't handle submarines properly,
please indicate this and I'll happily withdraw this patch (or if someone has
time to explain, but not time to implement, I'd gladly implement replacing
this patch).  If not, then I'll apply, and we can fix it properly when we
understand.

File Attachments:

Date: Mon 23 Jun 2014 09:27:10 AM JST  Name:
ignore-nativity-providing-extras-for-simple-types.patch  Size: 2kB   By:
persia