Update of bug #21950 (project freeciv):

                Category:                    None => general
         Planned Release:                         => 2.4.3, 2.5.0, 2.6.0

Follow-up Comment #5:

When I wrote that patch I added the parenthesis thinking it would only
increase readability. Now I realized that it actually fixes rather fundamental
bug - identity numbers never wrapped. It was always added 1 (1 % big number)
instead of getting wrapped every "big number" values.

So the problem is not only when all the identity numbers are in use
simultaneously (2^16 units alive), but when there has needed that many
identity numbers during the entire game.

My plan is to introduce fix to the wrapping problem to stable branches, and in
TRUNK also make the max value 18 bits.

Patch for stable branches attached.

(file #21365)

File name: IdentityWrap-S2_5.patch        Size:0 KB