                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release: 2.6.0

From patch #4995:
"if you're using action_enabler_append_hard() as a list of outstanding tasks,
then I don't see the point of doing it a different way (which exposes the
issues to users). My fear was that this was a facility that would be extended
over time, rather than one that would be reduced over time."

action_enabler_append_hard() is not sustainable, but it must be only temporary
solution. While bug #22401 fixes immediate problem with freeciv-ruledit, it
doesn't help any future constructs inside freeciv-server (or client) using
ruleset data. Also, the fix affects also freeciv-manual, which might not be
what we want (patch #4995: "exposing them to the user is the correct thing to
do. They are rules. The user should not have to care what source a rule came
from."). Not to mention that having different rules inside freeciv-server and
freeciv-ruledit risks bugs in validity checking etc.

While this temporary solution can be used at the moment (during 2.6
development), it should be cleaned out before it might cause problems with
future development. Thus removal of action_enabler_append_hard() should be one
of the criteria to decide if action enablers are ready for 2.6. It also means
that no such actions should be moved there, for which the estimated "clean
solution" is further away than 1Q2015.