                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release: 2.6.0

Make gettext version 0.14 the minimum requirement.

Versions between old minimum 0.10.35 and 0.14 provide many reasons to bump the
minimum version, but the reason I want to take the final step from 0.13 to
0.14 is:

* Special feature for Farsi (Persian): Translators can insert an 'I' flag
  into numeric format directives in format strings. Its effect is that, on
  glibc systems, the number is generated with the locale dependent set of
  special digits instead of the usual ASCII digits.

We don't have active Farsi translator at the moment, but when new translators
activate, they start working on the stable branch of the time, and we can't
bump the requirement in stable branch. In case we get new Farsi translator
during the 2.6 cycle, let's have this feature secured.
Gettext-0.14 is already over a decade old (released Jan-04), so the
requirement is still low even with this increase.

File Attachments:

Date: Fri 01 Aug 2014 12:32:12 AM EEST  Name: Gettext014.patch  Size: 4kB
By: cazfi