Update of bug #20723 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #6:

> The LuaSQL docs indicate that an equivalent set of 'require'
> statements inside Lua can end up with a 'luasql' table
> containing multiple drivers simultaneously.

(That site does not respond, but I found some documentation from luasql git)

No, the example shows how 'require' is used to open *multiple* tables, not
*one* where everything works.

So first step is obviously opening all the tables. That's easy.

Ideally I would then like to combine the tables in to one, but that's not very
easy, at least to be done right. So I think it's sufficient for now to use
multiple tables in database.lua too.

Patch attached. I don't currently have good setup to test this, so I'd be
grateful if someone else could do some testing on this.

(file #21612)

File name: MultibackendLuasql.patch       Size:1 KB