Update of bug #22433 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #2:

> If I remember, one Population_Pollution_Inc is needed in order
> to enable the pollution caused by population
Ah, yes, you're right.

> but it would be cero at this point until the effect
> Pollu_Pop_Pct is raised by the buildings.
Also true; unfortunately the autogenerated tech help doesn't know this.

Also, it creates a perverse incentive to lose the Industrialization tech after
building all your buildings.

I don't think there's anything we can do to fix this in the ruleset.

Raised patch #5015 for the long-term code fix, and patch #5016 for a bodge to
help with the tech help on stable branches. The perverse incentive we could
deal with by adding a requirement to know Industrialization for factories etc
to work at all, or we could just live with it.