Update of bug #22452 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #2:

(Sorry not to reply auf Deutsch)

The original reporter says that this was mistaken.

I double-checked by testing that pollution on a tile that sinks into the ocean
due to Lua-induced global warming does not continue to show up as a sprite or
in a tooltip.
(I assume that the original reporter wasn't seeing this either?)

Also, sunken pollution does not return if the tile becomes land again due to
script-induced nuclear winter. (Tried 2.4.2 and trunk.)

Hence, closing.