                 Release: S2_5
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release:

A couple of times early in a S2_5 civ2civ3 game, my first contact with an AI
player has been one of their military units meeting one of my civilians.

Their military unit slaughtered my civilian one, and then the AI player
immediately offered a ceasefire. (I think their unit must have had extra
movement from being on a river or something, to kill a unit on the same turn
as meeting it.)

The AI's perfectly entitled to do this, of course, but it seems out of
character with always offering a ceasefire on contact. Perhaps its units
should somehow have a policy of no aggression to unknown players, at least
until they've had a chance to accept a ceasefire?