Update of bug #22458 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #1:

As far I understand, the concept of ranking added at r11430
<http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv?view=revision&revision=11430> was to rank
the first user to have played 10 turns.

Actually, looking at the code, you must have played at least 11 turns to be
ranked.

With patch #3526, when a user detach (via /detach, /cut, or just
disconnecting), the ranked user name of a player is reset. I see two bugs:
* When a observer detaches, the ranked user name is reset ;
* When a user (not observer) disconnects before he had played the 10 turns,
then he will be ranked unless another user takes his player during the 10
turns.

I see no alternative to fix this behavior, except reverting patch #3526.
However, the ranking rules must be changed sensitively. I propose to follow
the discussion to patch #5034.