Very well.

Some time ago the upgrade costs in default have been significantly reduced.
This is a good thing. Now upgradings pays, before I used to "recycle" the
units, e.g. disband legion in a city were musketeers was built.

Looks like it is a bit unbalanced now.

I just noticed, have no idea what it should be, but from bowman to rifleman is
more gain than from musketeer to rifleman, right?

The second thing changed is that more upgrade routes are possible now, e.g.
upgrading from legion to rifleman wasn't possible in civ2 at all. Quite cool.
But from destroyer to cruiser, there is no route.

I don't play that much that I can make a congruent plan.

Christian