                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

This forum thread <http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=412> (about
a modified ruleset where the names of religious buildings vary by nation) made
me realise we could do with a grouping construct for nation requirements,
similar to TechFlag etc.

At the moment you can require an individual nation requirement, but to apply a
disjunctive requirement for a subset of all nations is at best tedious (for
effects) and at worst impossible (for e.g. building requirements).

We already have several means of defining arbitrary subsets of nations, being
nation groups. So we could just add a requirement type testing that.

We would probably also want to make the existing semantics of nation groups
optional (the UI in the Pick Nation dialog, etc), so that a nation group could
be defined which exists _only_ for ruleset reasons.

Since nation groups and sets share a namespace, a NationGroup requirement
would also allow rulesets to discriminate on nation set.

(For the original discussion, there's an argument that maybe Style would be
more appropriate to switch on, but I still think we should add NationGroup.)