Hi Nick,

I think it's very exciting that you want to use Freeciv-web in social
studies in education, and would like to make any improvements you suggest
so that it will be useful for students in school.
Anyone can at the moment observe or participate in a any game, becuase I
thought this was nice to help grow the community of players around the
game. This has an impact on security, as you point out.

Do you have a suggestion about how to solve this security issue? Would an
"secure-game" option in the game configuration dialog be sufficient? Should
secure games be enabled by default or not?

Regards,
Andreas