Would Freeciv need such "system consistency", it should check for it and
provide a helpful error message, just like for regular dependencies. So it's
not that easy to implement.

As Qt needs C++11 for all versions >= 5.7.0, the version alone is enough. A pc
file is provided by Qt itself (and distributed by at least Arch and Debian):
++
$ pkg-config --modversion Qt5Core
5.7.0
--
There's also a header <QtCoreVersion> that defines a few macros with version
information, and some CMake files.

As far as I understand, qt5.m4 already checks for -fPIC (which I think is
required by some but not all Qt builds). The same test could be used for
--std=C++0x (or --std=C++11, but older compilers don't understand it).