The when-can and how-much-gives values of disbanding (and other
unit-destroying activities) are getting more complex. Maybe in 3.1 we get
rules with increased granularity (from unit/building/wonder) and current
method of maintaining shield stock during the mid-turn production changes
turns impossible. Best solution I see at that point would be turning disband
to an activity that takes one turn - actual disband happening at the turn end
when final production choice for the turn is known.