Hi,

I have just created an AppImage that appears to be working for FreeCiv.
AppImages, for those of you that do not know, are a type of
cross-distribution packaging format. They need no special tools to be run
(like no software needs to be installed in order for them to be run), they
merely need to be made executable (with chmod +x) and run (with
./<AppImage> where <AppImage> is the AppImage's file name, including file
extension). They are similar to macOS's dmg disk image format, as they are
self-mounting disk images that contain all the libraries and executables
required to run the app they provide. I am sending this email to notify you
of this AppImage (which can be found here
https://bintray.com/fusion809/AppImages/Freeciv#files) and suggest that the
download link be added to the download page of Freeciv. Any bug reports
regarding this AppImage should be made at this bug tracker
https://github.com/fusion809/AppImages/issues.

Thanks for your time,
Brenton