Sorry Jonathan, I didn't mean to imply that you'd be contributing money,
but rather time and expertise. The same with you Jonas.

In my case, for better or worse, all the PHP coding I've ever done is to
create websites that don't rely on a backend, but can only be changed
through coding, so I personally don't have a ton of experience with
creating an Admin Control Panel.

>From the opinion of someone who is mainly an end-user and occasional bug
finder (and Col1 mis-rememberer) the most important parts of the website
are:

   - Explain the software (to prospective users)
   - Download the software
   - Explain the software (to users)
   - Provide news on releases, development, etc. to users of the project.

The first and third points can be relatively static, but their needs to be
some type of ACP backend to get the second and fourth points updated.

--
*Caleb R. Williams*

*Photographer*
w: http://calebwilliamsphotography.com