On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 1:47 AM, Michael T. Pope <mp...@computer.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Apr 2015 15:33:35 -0500
> Caleb Williams <cale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I did just as you asked, ran "ant clean" and "ant distclean" and then
> > recompiled [27aa48], and I still cannot load that file.
>
> I can not reproduce a problem either.  The game loads fine for me, and if
> I unpack it and look at the point it goes wrong according to the crash in
> the log file, it also looks normal/not-corrupt.
>
> I added some more tracing in git.b542f46, that may shed further light
> on the problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike Pope

Hey all:

It is certainly possible there was some localized corruption. It's even
possible that FreeCol was able to fix the corruption itself, but whatever
happened seems to now be fixed.

I compiled a clean download of [980453
<https://sourceforge.net/p/freecol/git/ci/98045344928a0b62394a5139a6e27c6d5da63721/>]
and while some files failed to load on the first go around, loading the
same file again fixed it and that file loaded.

I also redownloaded the attached saved game file and was able to load that
with no issue.

Also, used Git Extensions to update the code base as well and recompiled
there, and that works.

Glad this wasn't anything more serious.

Best,

--