On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 18:09:51 +0000
Stian Grenborgen <stian...@student.matnat.uio.no> wrote:
> We have made great progress on FreeCol since our last release, and should
> make an official release rather soon.
>
> I think releasing the game as 1.0 will show the level of maturity our game
> has reached ... and also signify the awesome new additions to the game:

All this is true and great progress, but we have always said 1.0 will be
fully Col1 compatible (at least in classic mode).  I do not think we are
there yet.  A look at the WWC1D? wiki page will show that we do not even
know how compatible we are:-).

We *should* indeed do a release though, whatever the number it gets.  It
is overdue.  I was not pushing hard there lately as (apart from the usual
time crunches) the worst blocker bug was the total breakage (some
self-inflicted:-P) of the TradeRouteInputPanel.  Which just got fixed this
week, bravo Stian. The next worst one I know is the queue of AI ships
(BR#3228) which I hope to look at one the weekend (long weekend in .au,
hooray), but letting AI fail block release is a bad idea.

However I probably should do a quick review of the state of the bug list
to see if we have other bad enough bugs to be considered release blockers.
I will try to do the review this evening.

Cheers,
Mike Pope