On 10.08.2017 13:03, Pascal wrote:
I will try that. Just copying another proxy file from apache.
Some webapps only work on direkt Domains without subdir or alias behind  it.
But Im sure it will work.

But reality told me it doesn't!
One Mime-type error for the css file: Stylesheet http://freedombox.local/cockpit/static/branding.css wasnt'loaded, because MIME-Typ, "text/html", nis not "text/css".
A JSON Error:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

<Location /cockpit>
        ProxyPass http://localhost:9090
</Location>

Didn't work.

Auth is no Problem. Cockpit uses system users like fbx or ldap users can also be used for accessSo SSO works out of the box also on port 9090 without apache. This
experience and first impressions are very good.
Without apache proxy, cockpit can be restricted for internal access only.
With apache proxy in use I would like to have a fail2ban module for cockpit!

G Pascal