On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Luchezar Georgiev wrote:

> > Oops! VolumeSeek() should be loff_t(loff_t offset) instead of off_t
> > VolumeSeek(off_t offset)! But there must be yet another bug, because
> > when I changed it, the bug was still there, although the code generated
> > for VolumeSeek() became correct. Will try to catch the other bug
> > tomorrow.
>
> Caught it! VolumeSeek() wasn't declared anywhere so its return type was
> assimed int. See patch.

Hmm. Sorry I didn't check out how dosfsck is compiled but perhaps you
should compile with the GCC
-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
options.

-Wmissing-declarations
may also come in handy

-Wnested-externs
sometimes too but it depends on your codingstyle.

We use these four for DOSEMU and it catches quite a few of these kinds of
errors.

Bart