On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Eric Auer wrote:

> 2034_16 and 2034_32 are both 8086 kernels.
> 2034_16 supports FAT12 and FAT16
> 2034_32 supports FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32

yes, it's here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=231835

also if you run the kernel it will say so in the beginning (compiler
used -- cpu required -- fat support)

> And the changes are explained in history.txt, 200 lines of description
> for the 2033 -> 2034 changes alone.

Eric, all the precise history in CVS. E.g you can run "cvs2cl" to get a
very extensive changelog of every change, or run cvs -D... to get the
source for an arbitrary date. It's pointless for me to have this all
seperately in different zip files -- that just duplicates.

> I think we should at least keep some archive of intermediate releases.

If you think that's useful, then go ahead and do it yourself!

> For example Michael Fritscher has a problem with DOS=UMB which got
> introduced with kernel 2032, but 2031 -> 2032 changes are too many to
> get an easy idea of WHICH change broke things. Maybe it is EBDA moving?
> How can this be disabled in 2034, some fdconfig command maybe?

switches=/e

> >      Ask again: please, remind me, ke2034_16 - is a _8086_ kernel with FAT32
> > or a 8086 kernel with _FAT16_? On site this is not explained.
>
> PS: I do not know where you can download patchsets / diffs to upgrade
> e.g. from 2034 to current CVS version, sorry.

there aren't, well with cvs you can request a diff between two arbitrary
dates in the past. Sorry but it's not my task to cater extensively to
those who can't operate CVS. If you don't like this policy, well no
problem, go ahead and maintain the kernel yourself.

Bart