On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Eric Auer wrote:

> if you use SWITCHES=/E:value, what will happen if you select
> a value which is smaller than the EBDA?

Here's an experiment:
put switches=/e:800 in config.sys
boot FreeDOS, then run MEM (1.6) with /f.
and see for yourself.

> PS: I experienced EBDA sizes of 1k and 2k yet, but FreeDOS never
> decided to move not-a-multiple-of-1k for me.

RBIL memory.lst

MEM 0040h:000Eh - SEGMENT OF EXTENDED BIOS DATA SEGMENT (PS/2, newer BIOSes)
Size:   WORD
SeeAlso: MEM 0040h:000Eh"PARALLEL",INT 15/AH=C1h

Format of Extended BIOS Data Area (IBM):
Offset  Size    Description     (Table M0001)
 00h    BYTE    length of EBDA in kilobytes