On Tue, 24 May 2005 23:24:57 -0300, you wrote:

Hi Alain,

>(I left out the -w on purpose) But I get this strange message:

I've found that the DOSFSCK always reports the FAT table mismatch.
Someone mentioned FreeDOS Kernel will NOT update both FAT.

I've no idea it's a problem or it's the original design, but now I'm
using Lucho's CHKDSK (not OpenSource) and it works fine.

>What is the boot sector backup? I never heard of it...

Is it typing error? Recently I got "FAT" mismatch.

Maybe Eric can help, since he spent many hours on the FORMAT.EXE.

Rgds,
Johnson.