Kenneth J. Davis schreef:
I have committed what I believe to be the fix for this, though I still need to look into the FAT32 reserved sectors some more to make sure sys does not need to do any other modifications. FYI the fix implemented: just a check if FAT32 and if so also write the boot sector to the backup sector (as indicated in BPB, which I also check and if is 0 is set to 6 to match the MS FAT highly suggested value).

Does this work OK when dualbooting MSDOS 7.10 and FreeDOS?
Each then uses same location for that 2nd bootsector?

The other change is the compatible bootsector can now load MS DOS 7+ kernels (well at least from a floppy for me).

awesome! This would mean MS SYS is no longer needed at all
(except for making a harddisk bootable with DOS 7.xx/8.xx perhaps)

Note: sys version 3.6 is only available in the dev kernel cvs, once I do some more testing of these changes it will be merged into stable. If anyone has any issues with the updated bootsectors, file a bug please!

Bernd