Hi Aitor,

Hi,

David O'Shea escribi=F3:
> I got Eric to forward on an email to him from me but I didn't get > a=20 > response, possibly due to Hotmail being extremely agressive with > spam=20
> filtering (if that is the case, my apologies go out to GNU_man!).

SourceForge is also quite agressive with this, it will not allow to send
messages sent from a SMTP mailer which differs from the FROM email
address, can anyone suggest a (1) free, (2) multiple SMTP (one per
account, so Mozilla/Thunderbird out), (3) JavaScript/*Script disableable
(so Microsoft out) mail client for Microsoft Windows?

Aitor

Actually Microsoft is not out, at least not for that reason :)
Outlook Express lets you turn off viewing messages as HTML and you can
make it use the "restricted sites zone" and configure that zone in
Internet Explorer as having very little permissions so even if you do
view messages as HTML they should be safe, although they always have
those vulnerabilities where there is some way of getting around the
restrictions so I suggest leaving it set to not view messages as HTML.
I guess there is always the chance of buffer overflows in MIME parsing
but they have probably fixed all of those by now.

At least, I trust Outlook Express under Windows XP these days.
Maybe if you are running an older version of Windows which doesn't
support the latest Outlook Express and hence you can't get all the
security updates you shouldn't feel so safe :)

Regards,
David

PS Sorry I am replying so late, I have been quite busy with work.  You
may have already solved your problem by now :)