Hi all,

I would like to get my work on MEM finished in the next few weeks as after that I'm moving and things could be a mess for me after that :) I'm currently working on a few minor issues. As for the bigger issues of MEM not working on 8086 machines without /N[OSUMMARY] being used, adding PCTools-like output, and possibly other things I've forgotten, I'd rather leave these for later than possibly delay the next release of MEM for too long. I hope nobody objects to that.

Specifically, with regards to the 8086 support, if we don't fix that, is that a regression? i.e. are we going backwards? If so I guess it's probably not acceptable to release without fixing this, otherwise if you all insist that I fix it I can't promise I'll be able to do that anytime soon!

I would like to call the release "1.9" instead of "1.8" due to the fact that 'MEM /?' with the "1.8 alpha 1" version actually shows "1.8" and it would be nice to avoid confusion. I will make sure that the next alpha release shows "1.8a2" or "1.9a1" or something to avoid wasting more version numbers :) Any objections?

What is the process for getting the code into CVS? Do you have a review process? Is there someone in particular I should send the code to, or do I just send the patch to the alias (or, preferably, make it available at a URL since it will probably be large)? Can the changes be committed to CVS before all the issues are fixed (i.e. before we're at release quality) so that translation can be done in parallel with me doing fixes and we have the benefits of version control?

Thanks in advance,
David