David O'Shea wrote:
Hi all,

How come all the URLs on the FreeDOS website are of the form
"http://www.freedos.org/freedos/<something>"?  I assume it was not always
this way because fdos\doc\mem\bugs.txt refers to
"http://www.freedos.org/bugs"; which doesn't seem to exist anymore.  It would
be nice if the old URLs still worked so that users who try to report bugs
can do so without geting any 404 Not Found errors.

I am the webmaster; I think I can answer your question.

I moved all the mirror-able content into the /freedos directory some time ago. The idea was to make it easy for other sites to mirror the FreeDOS web site content. To create a mirror, you only need to drop the content in /freedos; mirror sites may also have a /freedos.html page as the index, although some use /freedos/ as the index.

The /bugs URL moved to /freedos/bugs some time ago (maybe as long as a year ago.) For a while, I had a redirect page under /bugs, but I did some cleaning on the web site a few months ago and probably removed it then.

-jh

--
I'm sorry my president's an idiot. I didn't vote for him.