I think you are referring to this mini-HOWTO:
http://fd-doc.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?n=FdDocEn.Distribution

Yes, I agree that the source package should contain everything short of
the generated binaries.  If there are dupe files, let them be
overwritten.  This mini-HOWTO needs to be updated to say that.

-jh

--
This email message has been encrypted using the ROT-26 cipher.