FYI: I have updated the FreeDOS web site with the "1.0" announcement.  A
few pages have changed:

- the front page has been rearranged, and should now be "friendlier" to
new users.  Let me know if the navigation is confusing; I tried to make
it so new users would know where to go, but still useful to developers.
We expect to get a lot of hits from places like Slashdot .. if you
aren't familiar with what FreeDOS is, then the front page needs to make
that very clear to you.  I'm very open to suggestions, if anyone has
ideas for how I can improve the content and/or navigation.  Email me
off-list.

- the "download" page (http://www.freedos.org/freedos/files/) has been
updated with new content.  I want to make it clear to new users that
they are downloading an operating system, which is a big deal.  I'm
trying to avoid someone running the install program "just to see what it
does" and end up wiping out their hard drive.

You'll also notice the "download" page doesn't list any mirrors for the
FreeDOS "1.0" distribution.  Actually, there are several mirrors out
there, but I want to make sure they are up-to-date with the "1.0" before
I list them (the version of "1.0" they have may be a pre-release.)  I
dropped a "readme.txt" file on ibiblio, so as soon as I see that show up
on each mirror, I'll add them.

Also of interest: the DOS history timeline
(http://www.freedos.org/freedos/news/press/doshist.txt) has been updated.

-jh