Hi,

have you considered EFLS <http://sourceforge.net/projects/efsl/>? I have
a friend that already used it and said that it worked out of the box.
One suposed advantage is that it was designed for embedded and has a
small footprint. The licence is LGPL!

While googling I also found this
<http://www.robs-projects.com/filelib.html> that looks very interesting.
Could no find the licene, though.