Why not just use dosemu to compile in linux?

Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change
color and fall from the trees.
   David Letterman (1947 - )

See ya

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Warren Turkal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can't use a batch file in my Linux environment. Therefore, I have to
> write some script to compile it. I will look closer at the batch file
> and see about the XCPU setting.
>
> wt
>
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Geraldo Netto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi Warren,
>>
>> How are you doing there?
>>
>> i'm pretty newbie to confirm it, but i think you **should**
>> use a bat called make.bat or something like that...
>> afaik, xcpu(for 8086 and 386) is also configured in this batch
>>
>> See Ya,
>>
>> Geraldo
>> São Paulo, Brasil, -3gmt
>> site: http://exdev.sf.net/
>> msn: geraldo_boca_at_hotmail.com
>> skype: geraldo-netto
>> icq: 145-061-456
>>
>> 2008/11/11 Warren Turkal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>
>>> So, I am messing around with compiling Freedos. I checked out the
>>> lasted code from the Subversion repo, and I am working on Linux. It
>>> seems there is no build system for Linux so I am trying to discover
>>> some things.
>>>
>>> Here's an example of something failing:
>>>
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/projects/dos_stuff/freedos_src/blah/kernel$ nasm
>>> asmsupt.asm
>>> segs.inc:34: error: symbol `XCPU' not defined before use
>>> segs.inc:41: error: parser: instruction expected
>>> segs.inc:42: error: symbol `group' redefined
>>> segs.inc:42: error: parser: instruction expected
>>> segs.inc:43: error: symbol `group' redefined
>>> segs.inc:43: error: parser: instruction expected
>>> segs.inc:48: error: symbol `group' redefined
>>> segs.inc:48: error: parser: instruction expected
>>> segs.inc:49: error: symbol `group' redefined
>>> segs.inc:49: error: parser: instruction expected
>>> segs.inc:50: error: symbol `group' redefined