> Just wanted to ask if this was the right place to report or discuss

Welcome :-)

> comments, suggestions, bug reports &c in FreeDOS 1.0? I've just

The 1.0 distro is obsolete.

many things got fixed: HIMEM/EMM, DEVLOAD, ...

some partially: kernel (2038), EDIT (yeah), FDISK (patch pending),
DEFRAG/SCANDISK, ...

some not: FreeCOM, DELTREE, ...

some are fine anyway: ATTRIB, ...

some will never (?) be added like UI21DEB, UZ un'ZIP'pper (needs 80386), ...

--