I think we should discuss how to implement unicode.

In the fact only one small thing is necesarry: we need a mechanism for
translating unicode chars into ASCII chars and vice versa.
Now programs do it self by looking into own datafiles with .TBL extension. Look
at DOSLFN or Volkov commander 4.99. They have few files like cp852uni.tbl,
cp866uni.tbl and so on.
It is a very good solution but problem is that here is no way now how to
determine which file should be used.
It fully relies on manual configuration.
Anothor point is that ASCII-unicode conversion should be somewhat treated by
OS, I think. I think it is not smart if every unicode program has own TBL
library. It should be one somewhere in FREEDOS derectories.

So how to solve it?
* let the user call function for international info, and by returned codepage
manualy decide which .TBL file to use?
* .TBL files should be in LANG or NLSPATH environment variable?
* somehow extend the kernel function for international info to say which .TBL
files to use?
* preload .TBL into memory in COUNTRY initialization and even more extend
international info to provide ASCII-  unicode conversion?