On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 3). VirtualBox does have an OSE version, and I *think* gNewSense
> actually bothered to recompile it for Windows. It's not the latest
> version(s), only 2.2.0 and 3.0.4, but it should (mostly) work if
> you're worried about licenses (though it misses USB support, I think):
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/vboxwin32/files/vboxwin32/

My previous contributions on this subject were completely ignored by
the OP who was actually asking the questions, so I'm not sure why I'm
bothering, but anyway:

VirtualBox OSE no longer exists as of VirtualBox 4. The whole product
is now FOSS and the small proprietary components are bundled into
extra Additions, such as USB2 support for guest OSs.

As a result, all of VirtualBox 4 is free and Free.

There is no need to muck about with 3rd party rebuilds of obsolete versions.

The homepage is here:
http://www.virtualbox.org/

The Windows version can be downloaded here:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

You can run DOS, Windows 3, Windows 9x, and Windows NT/2000/XP under
VirtualBox on Win7.

Personally, I run Windows 95, 98, NT3, NT4 and XP under 64-bit Ubuntu Linux.

The only major PC OS I've found that /doesn't/ work is OS/2. However,
this does work under VMware Player, which is freeware but proprietary.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
AIM/Yahoo/Skype: liamproven • MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508