Hi

> www.freedos.org/freedos/links/ does not link to
> DJGPP either, so __we__ really __have__ a documentation
> __problem__ with DPMI on freedos.org, unfortunately.

More problems:

----

DGJPP "ZIP PACKER": http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/zip-picker.html

pressures me to get Windaube 2000/XP :-(

Even worse, FreeDOS is NOT even included in the list !!!

FreeDOS doesn't exist for DGJPP.

----

http://www.freedos.org/software/?cat=devel

FASM, CC386, FreeBASIC & Co outdated, ibiblio mirror
not linked, mirrored versions not updated.

CC386 desc is not good (mention that it supports
32-bit DOS using WATCOM-style extenders
DOS/32A & Co, but no 16-bit support).

----

http://www.freedos.org/software/?cat=sound

MPXPLAY outdated

----

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/freedos/index.php?title=Install

> if you have no internet, you may want to omit: WGET, FDSTPOP,
> BSFLITE, LNXSMAL, LYNX, OPENXP, VNC, HXRT

No. HXRT is not primarily for Internet. And there are newer
versions (2.14 and 2.17 alpha) out.

> Windows 3.0 and 3.1 must be run in STANDARD mode

or NO mode ;-)

> (fd)config.sys is missing the usbaspi line if you installed the usbdos
> package.
> Insert this line before the aspidisk or di1000dd line: >
> 123?DEVICEHIGH=%dosdir%\DRIVERS\USB\usbaspi.sys

DI1000DD is garbage. Where is Bret's USBDOS ???

> DOSEMU has to keep your DOS inside the sandbox

--