> Thanks for the explanation, esp. since Laaca really loves his
> oldy-moldy FPC 1.0.10.  ;-)    (Laaca, is latest FPC still not as
> good? You'd know better than me, but I thought most regressions were
> fixed by now, not to mention copious improvements.) Well, I guess I'll
> just quote your site ( http://laaca-mirror.ic.cz/ ): "Bloček is
> written in Freepascal. Normal development is still done in older
> version 1.0.10 but final version is compiled with newest available FPC
> version (now 2.4.2.)", refreshed last week!

Yes, I like the FPC 1.0.10. The IDE is a little bit unstable and there are bugs
in Ansistrings and sometimes failing type control but all important components
work.
In 2.x.x versions were some major DOS related bugs fixed but there still is one
very severe. Look at my bugreport.

Except that still does not well work debugging programs running in graphics
mode. More preciously:
Everything works except saving content of graphics screen:
Program runs until breakpoint - then is stopped and screen is switched into FPC
IDE. After work in IDE you select "Continue in running program", graphics mode
is restored but not the screen content. Screen is black.