I wanted to share some "behind the scenes" changes on the FreeDOS web
site. You may not have noticed, but I've cleaned up many of the web
pages, including some updates and new features. The latest changes
include better support for mobile web browsers.

In the past, if you used a mobile device to visit the FreeDOS web
site, you automatically saw a mobile-enabled page. In the last few
weeks, I've trimmed what appears on the mobile version, so pages will
load faster. For example, news items on the front page don't show full
details when viewed on a mobile device - you can click on the link to
read the complete news item.

That's great on a mobile phone or similar device, but for larger
devices (iPad?) on a Wi-Fi connection, you may prefer to see the
regular, full-size web site. There's now a link at the bottom of each
page for "view full site" (or "view mobile site" if you're on the
full-size version.) This sets a cookie in your web browser for 1 hour,
to change your web site preference.

You can change this manually by visiting http://www.freedos.org/?m=1
to set the mobile view, or http://www.freedos.org/?m=0 for the
full-version web site (handy for bookmarks.)

-jh