Hi,

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/16/11, Bernd Blaauw <bbla...@home.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone got experience with the watcom port of FreeCOM yet? Or too
>> experimental / work-in-progress?
>
> Bart said it works pretty well, but it's only in SVN (and I don't have
> a client installed on this machine), so you'll have to grab and build
> it by yourself.

Today I grabbed it from SVN r1694 to test (since, surprisingly,
PuppyLinux already had an SVN client ... or maybe the DevX add-on
gives it, who knows). Seems Bart is still making small tweaks here and
there (e.g. 2 hours before I grabbed it!). So I suspect he may not be
done yet!   ;-)

https://sites.google.com/site/rugxulo/FREECOM.ZIP?attredirects=0&d=1

(*temporary* location, heh, but that's OW19-built binaries and
sources, but I didn't test the non-XMS swap version, and I'm not 100%
sure that one's 8086-friendly, but a quick grep didn't show anything
obvious in any makefiles, so ....)

BTW, I think I did find an obscure regression (bug), if anybody is interested:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/util/file/7zip/7zdecode/7ZDEC922.ZIP

Try rebuilding that with DJGPP (don't worry, it's very easy). I
actually used my one-floppy "lite" GCC 2.95.3, but I assume any will
do.

The problem may?? have to do with this line (though works fine on
"older" 2006 compile of FreeCOM XMS-Swap). At least (once I disable
"echo off"), that's where things start to act funny (and more or less
truncate chars where any command after that won't work and it's
basically useless and needs a reboot):

if not "%STUB%"=="" copy /b %STUB% + %SEVENZIP% %SEVENZIP%.exe >NUL

So maybe it's a bug with COPY, not sure.

(Bart is probably busy, and perhaps adding this to the "real"
bugtracker may be preferable, but I'm posting here so more people can
test.) I can't reproduce this otherwise, though; normal use didn't
show any other problems (yet).