Op 10-9-2011 9:47, Jim Michaels schreef:
> I could see multithreading support in 7-zip.
> but then again files aren't usually very big in DOS. I don't know if
> OpenWATCOM or DJGPP has support for POSIX threads.

Programs that are multithreaded either have to implement their own SMP
support or rely on the operating system's kernel/architecture to do so.
As DOS by default doesn't support SMP, 7zip would have to implement
their own DOS support for speaking to multiple processors. I'm not aware
of any DOS program accessing multiple processors. Maybe a
"Distributed.net" client, but that's about it.