I was intending to create my own ISO from the .VHD file I intend to make,
making my own distribution as usual, which includes the freedos stuff, and my
own tools.

maybe I am fighting a losing battle here...
I need a commercial C++11 compiler for DOS for a number of reasons. my last
look at openwatcom left me underwhelmed, it doesn't even have a fully working
string class. sad. :-(

-------------
Jim Michaels
jmich...@yahoo.com
j...@renewalcomputerservices.com
http://RenewalComputerServices.com
http://JesusnJim.com (my personal site, has software)
---
IEC Units: Computer RAM & SSD measurements, microsoft disk size measurements
(note: they will say GB or MB or KB or TB when it is IEC Units!):
[KiB] [MiB] [GiB] [TiB]
[2^10B=1,024^1B=1KiB]
[2^20B=1,024^2B=1,048,576B=1MiB]
[2^30B=1,024^3B=1,073,741,824B=1GiB]
[2^40B=1,024^4B=1,099,511,627,776B=1TiB]
[2^50B=1,024^5B=1,125,899,906,842,624B=1PiB]
SI Units: Hard disk industry disk size measurements:

[kB] [MB] [GB] [TB]
[10^3B=1,000B=1kB]
[10^6B=1,000,000B=1MB]
[10^9B=1,000,000,000B=1GB]