Hi,

The problem is that I'm not having as much spare time lately as I used to
have.
At this moment, I'm trying to recover a comfortable programming environment
in a Win7 Laptop.

But it's not so easy as it used to be since the 64-bit arrived everywhere,
the 16-bit DOS programs no longer run natively, and I'm setting a virtual
machine with a network link to my real harddrive. If only things were as
easy as they used to be :(

There's another idea lingering around (but that I won't be able to perform
in a time soon), which is to create a virtual machine with DOS development
software, that could maybe be made downloadable for whoever wants to
develop for DOS. The problem here is picking the operating system that can
route such network drive correctly, and on which you can comfortably
multitask between the IDE, compiler, and a DOS to run tests (out of
licensing problems, WinXP would be a nice choice :( ).

Choosing the VM for a freely distributable manager is also a problem: in a
remote past I used VMware, that worked fairly well. I have been
experimenting with Bosch, QEmu, and VirtualBox, as I also wanted Linux VMs
for such environments, and I was pretty unsuccessful with Bosch, somewhat
successful with QEmu, but VirtualBox seemed to be doing pretty well.

What's your own experience for virtual machines? ideas or suggestions?

Aitor