Eric,

Finally I’m not irking your nerves :) I wasn’t thinking of even using the
Borland Museum tools. What I actually envisioned was much like what Apple does
with Xcode, they provide an IDE, LLVM (and GCC) and Swift along with sample
code, an SDK and documentation.

Fortunately for FreeDOS, the MS-DOS API is included with every DOS based
compiler, so we have the SDK covered. An HTML version of RBIL would be cool and
as far as the toolchain, I was thinking OpenWatcom and NASM. I managed to pull
Japheth’s source code from the web archive of his site, so perhaps we could
include the HX DOS Extender along with the source he had…that’s a side bar for
the maintainers though.

The XMS specification is publicly available as is the EMS specification. The
Game Programmer’s Encyclopedia covered things like graphics modes, unreal mode,
I think I may still have the disk set for the EMS specification (I definitely
have the book - the pages were sent to be added to the IBM DOS reference
binder).

If not, perhaps using the specification, we can build out a library in C or ASM
that covers these specifications and include them.

Regards